Hey guys! Megan here, assistant for Bradyhouse Photographers! We’re excited for you to hear from Ana and Mikel and see their beautiful gallery! Ana and Mikel honeymooned on Kaua’i and spent the day with our talented lead photographer, Micah. In this post, Ana shares their favorite parts of their honeymoon adventure session, along with her top tips for future brides!
We love how their gallery turned out and if you know And and Mikel or love their photos, leave them some love below in the comments!
“We always wanted to get away and get married in a beautiful place, but we couldn’t get around the idea of not having our family and closest friends there so we decided on an intimate wedding at home. However something was missing, and we wanted to honor that part of us that loves to travel, hike and explore beautiful places. Therefore booking a “trash the dress/honeymoon shoot” was like getting the best of both worlds. We traded the traditional “engagement pictures” for a honeymoon adventure.
Our adventure began when we met Micah at the parking lot, and started laughing nonstop as our rental car could barely keep up as we followed him up the canyon. We loved how each location would be more beautiful than the previous one. Each location place take our breath away, and Micah will give us some time to let it sink in and enjoy it. We didn’t feel rushed, it was just an afternoon of exploring the amazing Kauai and getting some lovely photographs to top it off. As we got the last spot right after sunset, I saw this big rock and I was hoping Micah would ask us to get on it, when he did, it was the perfect end to the day!”
Tips for future brides:
- Look into a local photographer, a local will know the best places and time of day.
- Search their social media, website and any reviews you can find. Make sure they are willing to go to multiple spots or work with your idea.
- Ask for vendor suggestions for anything you need (like makeup or flowers) and use their recommendation, if you like the photographer’s style there is a good chance you will like their suggestions.
- You just bought a beautiful dress, why only wear it once? The great thing about a shoot like this is that all formalities are out of the door, so who says you cannot wear a flower crown and hiking boots?
- Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously!